Kähler spring 2016: Quest for quality
Kähler is a Danish designer brand that has created ceramic wonders since 1839. The shape, colors, surface and functionality amaze interior design lovers. Kähler and Polhem PR invited to a festive press breakfast with the new spring 2016 collection at the food court Mathallen in Oslo on Monday 25th of January.
The Hammershøi tableware has been given additional products in the spring 2016 collection.
Designer Anders Arhøj presented his new stoneware collection Ombria inspired by stones, the sky, beaches and nature of Denmark:
– The idea was to make something unique, super clean and a wee bit masculine that would fit with everything. My challenge was to find the right glaze. Every item is glazed by hand. I emphasized functionality, so the pottery can be put in the microwave and dishwasher. You can also use cutlery without leaving scratches.
Kähler always seeks the best way to combine the maximum amount of quality and functionality. The new spring 2016 collection includes several new innovations, including the following:
- Omaggio: The over 100 year old iconic vase has been given a modern and elegant mother of pearl shade.
- Kaolin: The award winning Danish designer Cecilie Manz has created a new, clean and modern tableware collection with white porcelain, tree and steel.
- Fugato: Loudspeakers in four colors in a modern and clean style. Quality sound due to collaboration with the Danish hi-fi company System Audio.
- Hammershøi: New, superglazed steel cutlery in an elegant and classic, yet modern, look.
- Hammershøi: Hans-Christian Bauer has deveoped additional products in the traditional Hammershøi tableware series: Coffee mugs with handles, cans, bonbonnieres for sweets/jewelry, plates, a bowl, fireproof forms plus salt and pepper shakers.
Kähler has a charming store in Hegdehaugsveien 35 at Majorstuen in Oslo.
Photos used with permission from Hanne Erøy / www.fashioninoslo.com.
Hammershøi steel cutlery
Omaggio in mother of pearl shade
Designer Anders Arhøj presented his Ombria stoneware collection.
Trine van der Valk Rasmussen – PR & Communications Manager in Kähler